Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Why I'm Eating A Vegetarian Diet This Week.

The past week I have had a love/hate relationship with our refrigerator. It couldn't decide whether it wanted to keep my food cold or melt and ruin all my food. One day last week it decided that the food I had in there wasn't good enough and shut down. When I got home my fridge was warm and all the food in the freezer was melted. I was PISSED! I had to throw everything out. We called the repair guy to come check it out. Come to find out our fridge was heading to the appliance cemetery. So today we got a new fancy fridge! I'm like a kid on Christmas.    
Our new fridge

Our old fridge
                 


So since the refrigerator has been schizophrenic we have not been able to keep food in the house. This means we have ate out more than I would like to admit.  With all this eating out my body has begun to hate me. I usually try to cook during the week and then we will go out for meals on Saturday. We like to call that out cheat day. So I'm not accustom to all this fatty, processed food. Growing up I ate that kind of stuff all the time. My dad's favorite things to eat were Taco Bell and Pizza Hut. When we ate at home it was usually Hamburger Helper or t.v. dinners. Every once in a while we would cook something like stew or homemade pizza. How I was so skinny I will never know. Once I moved out I began to cook a lot more. Now we hardly eat any processed foods in our house. 

So this coming week I've decided to go back to a vegetarian diet just until I feel better on the inside. A little background story is that I ate a vegetarian diet for quite a while. Once we found out we were moving to Texas I thought we better change that. I mean we were moving to the state of the 72 oz steak and BBQ galore. My lovely friend Katie introduced me to the lovely world of being a vegetarian. Ever since she brainwashed me I can't turn away completely. For a while my carnivore husband was also eating a vegetarian diet. He said he felt better and lighter on the inside. I know it sounds crazy but it's true. I'm not sure if I'm ready to take the plunge back to full veg. I mean I also have a love affair with hamburgers. So I'm going to take it week by week and see how it goes. Wish me lucky. 

Do any of you lovely readers have a good website for veg recipes? I have a few but would love to have more.

No comments:

Post a Comment