Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Growing Up Tomboy and My New Journey

So as I've mention before I was a tomboy growing up. I wasn't one of those girls who just didn't wear dresses. Yes I despised dresses with a passion but I was on another level. Almost all of my clothing included a Nike symbol and was most likely bought in the boys section or the athletic section. I don't recall owning a dress until my step mom came into the picture. Even then I hated wearing dresses. I'm not going to lie. I just recently started wearing dresses and enjoying them. I'm 26. Once I hit middle school I started to wear cute girl clothes and makeup. Yes makeup. After my sophomore year of high school I went back to not caring as much. No makeup and lots of sweatpants. My little sister is now at the phase of high school. It's like reliving high school through her. Though she makes more of an effort than I ever did. I'm not sure how I got away with wearing sweats to school and still had the friends that I did. 

Anyways. Let's fast forward to today. I now own a few dresses. I own more than just running shoes. I even have a pair of high heels. I love to paint my nails and can never have too many nail polish colors. The one thing I just recently got into is makeup. I know you're thinking wow that took a while. Don't judge me. I'll admit it, I'm lazy.  Usually I just wear makeup when we go out on fancy dates. The other day I decided I'm going to make an effort to wear makeup everyday. At my job people mostly see my eyes since I wear a mask most of the time. Why not make it pleasant to look at. As of right now they are looking at my tired eyes hiding behind my glasses. Also I'm sure my husband would enjoy the view. Even though he loves me for the yoga pants wearing person I am I'm sure he would like me prettied up a little bit. 

What I look like most of the time

So where do I start? I do own a few staple items such as mascara, eye shadow  and lip gloss. Though I own about one of everything I just mentioned. If you haven't heard of Birchbox look it up. I've been getting a Birchbox for about 6 months now and it has opened my eyes to makeup. Well with Birchbox you can earn points. If you earn enough points you get $10 of Birchbox cash. So I've been saving up my birch box cash and decided to use it for makeup purchases. I am proud to say I bought my very first eyeliner. It should be a fun experience. Today I'm going to take an adventure to the store and buy more eye shadow colors and makeup brushes. Yes I'm going at this thing head first. Usually when I have an idea I go balls to the wall. This is no exception. I've been researching on Pinterest to see what the cool kids are doing. Not to mention I have a super stylish sister that could help out if I need her. 

So let's make an improvement to the photo above. I will keep you all updated on my makeup journey. Wish me luck and hope I don't look like The Joker when all is said and done.  It's happened before....

Tacky Prom Party

No comments:

Post a Comment