Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pumping Iron and Dropping Lbs.

If you haven't heard I've become a gym rat. Well I mean I have been for a few months but now it's getting real. I've been seeing a trainer for 4 or 5 months. The first month was pretty easy. I was just getting use to all the equipment. Well now he's got me doing a crazy workout in the bodybuilder's section. You know the area where all the big guys are grunting and throwing weights on the ground. Yup, I'm hanging with the boys now. I'm not going to lie I like the looks I get when I go to do a bench press or some other weight related workout. They look at me like "Are you sure you're ready for that?" Then I start lifting and give them the "Hell yeah I am!" look. You know what I'm talking about. 

Well my husband has started working out with me and is seeing the same trainer. As of lately we have been on the same diet. I know men lose weight faster than women but I feel like I'm in a Slimquick commercial.  I have lost 5 lbs in about 2 weeks and he has lost 10. Not that big of a difference BUT he is now wearing his "skinny" jeans and had to tighten his watch. I noticed my scrubs are a little looser. But they are always a little loose. He calls it the injustice weight loss disparity between men and women. I call it just plain unfair. Anyways I shouldn't complain because I've lost weight and have new muscles I've never seen.  It could be worse. I could be heading the other direction. Especially since my favorite cookie shop opened a store down the street from my house. Talk about the ultimate temptation. 




On a funny note I was talking with my trainer the other day about food. We were talking about good veggies and protein. I started talking about Kale (which is a favorite in our house) Well he was talking about how he heard it was good and asked me how much it was. I told him usually about $1 a bundle. He gave me this weird look and said "A bundle?" He then proceeded to tell me he though Kale was a type of fish. I corrected him and explained that kale is green and leafy, not gray and scaly. Silly little boy. 

I've got a goal set and now it's time to hit it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment