Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Merry Cupcakes!


So Rob's work is having their Christmas party tomorrow and I thought I would bake something for them. If you don't know I am awesome at making cupcakes. Ask anyone. They love them.  I have made cupcakes for them in the past and they are always a hit. One of Rob's coworkers said I should own a bakery. If only I had the cash. Talk about my dream job. Anyways, since it's a holiday party I had to make something holiday themed. I've been obsessed with Peppermint white mochas lately. So I thought how about peppermint chocolate cupcakes? Umm yes! So as always I wanted to share this recipe with you lovely people. Let me know what you think.

The delicious final product


Chocolate Cake

1 Box Devil's Food cake
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil 
3/4 cup milk
1/2 sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract. 

Peppermint White Chocolate Buttercream

8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter (softened)
2-3 tsp peppermint extract
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup white chocolate chips (chopped finely)

Candy canes (crushed)



  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with liners
  • In a large bowl mix together eggs, oil, milk, sour cream and vanilla.
  • Slowly mix in cake mix until smooth.
  • Fill cupcake liners and bake for about 15 minutes   





  • For the buttercream beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. 
  • Add peppermint extract and slowly add powdered sugar
  • Add white chocolate chips that have been chopped.




Use a piping bag and frost each cupcake. Then top with crushed candy canes. 




These are AMAZING! Hopefully everyone else agrees. If it wasn't 10:30 at night I would probably sit here and eat 4. Luckily it's late and I'm too tired to stuff my face. Enjoy! 






1 comment: