Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Suburban Life

Today was the first day that I realized I'm officially domesticated. I spent my entire Saturday working on my yard. I know, I was shocked too. I was wondering what happened to city living Holli. I now live in the 'burbs and it's starting to rub off on me. What's next? Will I stop liking dive bars and trendy restaurants? Will I start listening to country music? Not that country music is bad but if you know me you will understand. The day I start listening to country music is the day you should be worried. 


Anyways Rob and I worked for hours working on our front yard.  Ever since we moved here it has looked terrible. We originally pulled all the old plants and weeds. It looked better but not good enough. 

Look past the Halloween decorations to the jungle behind it. 


We decided since it was going to be in the 80's all weekend it would be the perfect time to tackle the yard. We bought new bushes and mulch and got to work. First we had to dig up all the dirt and weeds and get rid of it all. Then we put weed killer down and planted ourf new bushes. We decided on Holly bushes because they looked nice. Also Rob has a thing for Holli's. We also got some Lavender plants to add some color. After a few hours we were finally finished. I must say I was surprised at how good we did on our first try. Now we just have to wait for our bushes to grow a little. 





After a hard days work we decided we deserved a nice cold margarita. It was delicious. Now time for some more suburban life with movies and yoga pants. 





No comments:

Post a Comment