Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Cookies Cure Everything

Finally after being sick since Thursday I'm feeling better. I actually got off of the couch, took a shower and put on a bra. I slept more in the last few days than I probably have all month. Anyways, since I'm feeling better I wanted to bake something for my husband. He took care of me all weekend and cleaned the house. If you are married you know when he cleans the house he's a keeper. I also wanted some cookies myself. So I decided to make his favorite cookies. 

Now I can't take any credit for this recipe. I got it from the Alton Brown Good Eats cook book. You can also find it here http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/the-chewy-recipe/index.html


These are one of the best chocolate chip cookie recipes I've made. They are also really easy to make. When I made them I accidentally used the scoop I use to make cupcakes. So half way through baking them I realized we would be eating monster cookies. I'm not complaining! The bigger the cookie the better. 
They look normal sized here


I've made these a ton of times. The first time I made them I thought I burnt them. I quickly realized that they just come out a little darker. This is probably because you use brown sugar along with white sugar. This also makes them super chewy and delicious. 


Giganto cookies

Next time you are craving cookies I highly suggest you give these a try.  Let me know what you think.  I will be enjoying these with a hot cup of tea and The Real Housewives of Atlanta. 





2 comments: