Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

My New Hobby

Happy Cinco De Mayo! Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday. I know I am! I feel like I've been away for a while. It's been what..like two weeks? Sorry to keep you waiting. You are probably wondering what's up with Holli? Well nothing! I've been the homebody I am. I've been extremely lazy lately for no reason. Rob just built a computer and is back to his gaming ways. This means I need to start doing projects since I don't have as much t.v. time as usual.

 I could starting knitting again. I've only been trying to finish the same blanket for almost 2 years now. I don't think I have the patients to knit. I want to start painting again I just need some ideas. So I decided to start a new project. Making earrings. 

I was inspired by a pair of earrings I bought on Etsy. I looked at how they were made and thought I would try to make them myself. I bought the supplies and gave it a try. Success! Actually, they weren't perfect but I liked them.


Sorry for the lack of makeup


I hand colored the first pair with colored pencils. I decided to make another pair and switch it up. I decided to paint the next pair and see what happened. This pair is ok. I want to perfect the design a little but not too bad. I mean I hand painted a skull on a 10mm circle. That's hard enough. 



I think if I can get enough people interested I might add them to my Etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/shop/ColorWonderland. If you like what you see or are interested in getting a pair let me know. Either comment on my blog or contact me through my profile.



No comments:

Post a Comment