Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Great Eyeliner Debate

When I first starting wearing makeup I was nervous of this stuff called eyeliner. To be honest it scared me a little bit. It's a nice addition to your makeup routine but some people overdo it. I had never tried eyeliner and was afraid I would poke myself in the eye or make myself look like a raccoon. 

First I watched videos on how to apply eyeliner. Yes I had to watch a video. I didn't want to have the cracked out raccoon look. You know the one I'm talking about. 



 Then there was the great debate of which kind of eyeliner I should use. I had no clue there were so many different kinds! I started with pencil and moved on to liquid. I tried out the gel liner but didn't like it as much. I recently found a kohl liner that I'm in love with. It glides on smoother than my pencil liner and and stays just as long as my liquid liner. My sister told me about the liquid liner I use. Now if you know anything it's that teenagers know a lot about makeup. Or at least more than I do. 

I am a woman who likes variety when it comes to makeup. So I switch up my liner depending on my mood, and how much time I have in the morning. I have my two favorites that I feel are must haves. 


My favorite Kohl liner

My favorite liquid
The thing I love about both is that they are affordable. I have tried the expensive liner and like these just as much. You know I'm all about saving money. Now I'm always up for suggestions so toss them my way!

What's your favorite liner? 







3 comments:

  1. Smashbox gel is my go to and Taylor Momsen looks so ridiculous. Yay for finding things you like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to try out Smashbox makeup. I think the gel liner I got just wasn't a good brand. Yes Taylor Momsen needs to stop with the makeup.

      Delete
  2. I love both of the eye liners you picked. Rimmel is probably one of the best cheap brands out there in my opinion. As far as pricey brands go I really like my black waterproof NARs eyeliner. It stays one all freaking day and doesn't budge. Urban Decay's waterproof liners are awesome too, they come in tons of cool colors if you're feeling brave. Most days I really only tight line my eyes. I don't care for the panda eye look either...maybe for Halloween?

    ReplyDelete