Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Copycat Auntie Anne's Recipe

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there! I will not be spending the day with my moms since I live far away from them. Don't worry they still got their gifts and phone calls/texts. Hope all you moms out there are having a great day! I know as a dog mom I sure am with lots of cuddles and sloppy kisses.













This weekend I was craving a salty snack. So I went on my new favorite food website foodgawker.com and looked up something good. There it was, the perfect snack. I found the copycat recipe for Auntie Anne's pretzels! I almost died. Funny thing was Rob and I were at target yesterday and he said he was really craving a soft pretzel. You should of seen his face when I told him what I was going to make that night. The recipe is pretty simple. Now they don't taste exactly like Auntie Anne's but they are pretty close. I doubled the recipe because well we are fatties. Actually we aren't but I wanted to have enough for a few days of snacks.

Auntie Anne's Pretzels Copycat Recipe

Source Food Network Almost-Famous Pretzel

2 cups milk
1 1/2 tablespoons (2 packets) active dry yeast
6 tablespoons brown sugar
4 tablespoons butter, melted
4 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons salt

1/3 cup baking soda
3 cups warm water
Kosher salt
8 tablespoons butter, melted in a shallow dish 





Mine came out a little puffier than the original but they were delicious. If you want something sweet you can dip them in cinnamon and sugar after dipping them in butter. I just might have to do that tonight. Hope you guys enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment