Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Holy Paleo!

If you know me then you know I'm always down for a good food challenge. By challenge I mean "let's see how long I can do this without hating myself". That is how I became a vegetarian for close to a year, and vegan for a few months. I usually just go with the flow until I'm over it and go back to eating meat, sugar or whatever I was determined to give up. 

My newest challenge is the Paleo diet. If you have never heard of it, the diet is pretty much food that can be hunted, fished or be gathered. So meat, fish, eggs, berries, nuts, seeds, veggies and mushrooms. The best thing about it is I can still bake, eat meat and veggies. You're probably asking yourself "how did she come across this diet?" Well I've been wanting to try it for a while now. Then we went out with one of Rob's co-workers and his wife. Well his wife follows the paleo diet and even writes a blog about it. You can check out her blog at Sweet-Paleo. She has some pretty awesome recipes.  So it sparked my interest again. I thought to myself let's start a paleo challenge. So I started by making breakfast muffins that turned out pretty good. Then we had made plans to hang out with our new friends on the 4th of July. I decided to make paleo brownies and let the experts tell me how I'm doing. They were better than most brownies I've made in the past. Oh and our friends loved them! Now I can't stop myself. Last night I made paleo chocolate chip cookies that were AMAZING! Here's where I found the recipe Paleo Cookies.
Paleo Cookies
 So since I got the baking down I'm going to try making my meals paleo starting this week. I'm pretty excited but I always am at the beginning of a food challenge. So if you follow me on Pinterest I apologize now for the paleo overload you are about to experience. Oh and if you have any good recipes shoot them my way!



No comments:

Post a Comment