Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Holy S%#t It's Almost Time

One more week and we will officially be parents. Talk about being extremely excited and slightly terrified at the same time. I mean I've been preparing myself for this day for about 9 months but I still can't believe he's almost here. 

38 weeks and about to explode

As I talked about before this kid is breech. We went to see if he could be turned but no can do. Not only is he wedged in my pelvis but he also has a giant head (thanks to his dad). Oh and did I mention he's bigger than anyone expected. I mean he's no 10 pounder but at 36 weeks he was already 7 lbs. So bye bye natural birth, hello cesarean. At first I was a little sad that I would be missing out on the experience of natural birth. Then I thought about it and well..I don't have to deal with contractions, pushing and a possibly torn vag. Which I'm ok with. Also, I don't have to worry about going over my due date. I'm already beyond uncomfortable so that is a relief. 

We had our last outing over the weekend. Our friends invited us to go to one of our favorite restaurants downtown. I got to eat some amazing chicken and waffles and end the night with the best white chocolate bread pudding ever. Before you hate on chicken and waffles go try them. You will change your mind, trust me. Now we are back to our anti-social ways. Rob is getting some last minute video games in while I sit on the couch and read blogs. Later we might be adventurous and watch a Netflix movie. Welcome to our lives. 

So now I get to play the waiting game. This week will either fly by or creep along. Wish us luck! 


We also got this super fun game called Munchkin. If you have never played it I suggest you do. It is super fun.







No comments:

Post a Comment