Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

The Big Move

So if you haven't heard I have a little sister. Well she's not so little since she is WAY taller than me but she's still my little sister. I'm not sure if I have ever talked about how awesome of a dancer she is. She is extremely talented.   Well she got accepted into the Joffrey Ballet School in New York. Yes, NEW YORK! So after a trip there and some convincing of my parents my little sister is moving. Though she is still a teenager she gets to have this amazing experience. It's an awesome opportunity for her to focus on her dance. I am so proud of her. Watch out New York DJ Sexy Jerk (my nickname for her) is coming through!
It runs in the family

This reminds me of my first big move. Though I was a little older it was still a big thing. I was only 21 when I moved to California with Rob. At first he was hesitant to move. I told him if we don't take this chance we may never get another one. So off we went. Though it was hard to leave family and friends we had to give it a shot. I think it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Not only did I get to experience a whole new state with so much culture. I also had a chance to grow up and I mean REALLY grow up. At 21 I left my family and friends behind. So when I had a problem or issue I couldn't just drive to my mom's house. I was thousands of miles away from everyone. I always thought of myself as an independent person, but this move really brought it out in me. I feel like it helped mold me into what I am today. 

the "grown up" me
So I am excited for my sister to move. Also, I can't wait to go to NYC. I've never been there. Maybe we can be a extra on Law and Order: SVU (that's my sister's favorite show). I feel like this move may bring us even closer, even though we are super close already. Just knowing that she could come to me if she is having problems with being away since I have experienced it first hand.  So sometime in September I will be New York bound for a little while. That's right be jealous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment